Friday, June 19, 2009

Yet another birthday...Grandpa Bob!

Sorry, I didn't forget this one, I just forgot to mention it in the last entry! Last year we gave Grandpa Bob (Mike's dad) the best gift we could think of...twins! Our babies were born on Grandpa Bob's birthday and he was thrilled! This year we were able to celebrate his birthday with him in person - I slaved all day on this exquistite birthday dessert for him (ok, Mike may have got cupcakes at the grocery store!)

The picture below shows the first time the babies met Grandpa and his wife, Grandma Minta. They live about 4 hours from us and they managed to come over to see us just days after the babies were born. I couldn't even begin to tell you which baby is which here - they were baby burritos much of the time!



Once again, Grandma and Grandpa made the trek this year. What a difference a year makes!! (Rachael is on the left, Jilly on the right. There's not really that big of a height difference between them - I think Jilly was just bouncing up and down at the time!)




Grandpa is always good at giving Ellie a hard time - she's just as good at giving it back (and check out that new sassy doo of hers!).

One thing I really have to hand to Bob is the fact that he ALWAYS gets down on the floor and plays with our kids. He has a bad back, has had hip replacements and is currently fighting a little bout of prostate cancer and even on this trip, he was down on the ground with the kids (of course I don't have a picture of that, but you'll just have to take my word for it!). It kills my knees to do it and I'm a tad younger than he is. Thank you Grandpa Bob for going that extra mile. We love and miss you and wish you and look forward to seeing you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete

Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2008