Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday(s)!!!


So getting back to our crazy busy month. May and June are busy months in our family, well ok and March too. May and June mark the birthdays of both of my nieces, all three of my kids as well as my mom. My mom, AKA Grandma, Gramcracker, or now Grammy as Ellie calls her, turned 65 this May. This is unbelievable to me. Grandma looks fantastic, is very hip and is somehow able to keep up with all of her grandchildren and their likes/dislikes, shows, concerts, swimming lessons, etc. PLUS, she showed up at our house the day of her party wearing a black "skort" and this very fun zebra print shirt. I hope I can wear short skirts when I'm 65!! Mom, you look great and I love you very, very much.

A LOT, and I do mean A LOT, of people helped me those first few months after the babies were born. After I cried on the phone and begged my mom for some regular help, she was here two days a week for about about 3 months-ish. I never got anything more accomplished, only occasionally actually left the house, but just having those extra hands during my day to day was SO helpful!! Poor Ellie, she was not even on the back burner - she had fallen behind the whole stove! Grammy somehow always managed to feed a baby and still play with Ellie while I trudged around the house with the other baby, literally barely able to keep my eyes open. On several occasions my mom and my sister would come over from about 7:00pm to 11:00pm so Mike and I could get a few hours of sleep before the l-o-n-g night ahead. I am eternally grateful for every bit of help that we received, but my mom and my sister really got us through it. Thank you. More on this later - I'm just so far behind on my blogging!

Somewhere in between our Disneyland trip and my mom's birthday party, my oldest niece turned 12. How does this happen? When Mike and I met, Cailey was about 10 months old and now she is all cute and hip and grown up and athletic and smart and funny and dare I say...responsible?! Unfortunately, I missed her birthday party and the cute shirt we brought back from Disneyland for her was too small. I feel like I owe her a re-do on her birthday wishes so in the words of the talent agent in "Bolt" (one of Ellie's current favorite flicks), "let's put a pin in it". But we'll do it for real. Cailey - I love you and will come up with something fun to commemorate your 12th birthday!

I think Ellie took this picture. As big and tall as my nieces are, I don't think they're looking down at me quite yet! That is another entry that I should do sometime. Ellie gets a hold of my camera and I never know what she has been up to until I dump them onto my computer. Excellent job, Ellieo!


Did I mention that twins run in our family? Ha - actually they do not but check out this pic of my mom and her sister. Again, I hope I am as hot as these two when I'm a grandma! Whoo!

Ellie and her Grammy...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2008