Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where the heck have I been?!!

I know, I know. What is the point of having a blog if you never update it? As my husband so nicely reminds me all the time, I cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. I hate to admit it but it is true. You know how they say having a baby sucks your brain from your head? Well I'm sorry but having two at a time has given me a complete lobotomy. We have been very busy the last month and I just couldn't quite ever seem to get to this. I also managed to put my 3-Day training on hold for an entire month. Well, I'm back, on both counts so here I go...it could take me a couple of entries!

One month ago today Mike, Ellie and I left for Disneyland! Just before the babies were born we told Ellie that when she was 4 we would take her to Disneyland. Ok, she was a month shy of 4 but she didn't seem to mind. We left the babies for part of the time with my sister (THANK YOU!!!) and for the other part my mom (THANK YOU!!!). Though we missed them, I have to be honest, we (especially me) did not miss the rigid routine that comes with having an infant or two around. It was SO great to rarely look at a clock and to just be able to do what we wanted, we wanted.

We had a fantastic time in good ole SoCal. Our weather was perfect, we were able to see some friends (Hello King Family - and congrats on the new bun in the oven!!). We did Disneyland and California Adventure for 3 full days. We did most everything we wanted to do - I guess we missed a few things but we'll just have to hit them the next time! Ellie really enjoyed having us to herself for 5 days. She loves her sisters but boy do they take up an enormous amount of our time!


Ellie loves a good thrill and luckily she hit that magic 42" mark so she was able to go on a remarkable number of rides! There were really only a few things she couldn't do. But for her, the more scared she was, the more she wanted to do it again! The biggest surprise to us was that after the white knuckled ride on the Tower of Terror - she immediately said she wanted to do it again! Are you kidding me?? So we waited in line and did it again. Here are some of our favorite pics - we had a great time and can't wait to go back with the babies when they are old enough:













No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2008