Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going back - Relay for Life May 2009

I said I'd try to go  back and do some updates so here is a quick one.  Every year my girlfriend Mindy does the Relay For Life walk for cancer.  She lost both her mother and her brother to cancer.  Can you imagine?  I really can't.  She is highly dedicated to the cause and spends months and months fundraising and training for her 24 hour walk.  She's a super-mom, as seen here!


This year (ok, last, but you get it) she asked my sister if she would like to participate in the Survivor's Walk - the first lap around the track.  Of course she did and the timing was good as the event corresponded with Tracy's one year anniversary of being cancer free!  My sister is an inspiration to me and many others.  Ellie and I went to support her and Mindy and had a great time in the process.  We laughed, and cried and celebrated the fact that we were there in honor of her, instead in memory of her.  Ellie loves her auntie so, so much, and so do I.





1 comment:

Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2008