Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter...and a good place to start!

Hello and welcome to my new blog! This is something I have wanted to do for the better part of a year. There is so much I've wanted to journal about since the babies have been born but as my free time is very low and my exhaustion level is often very high, it has taken me 10 months to come up with a way to do it. Even though I could just journal for myself, I wanted to go this route so that I could share with friends and family as well. Being shy on free time, I also have been terrible about keeping in touch with people. For that, I sincerely apologize. So, for all of those people that I owe a phone call to, owe an email or a thank you note to, or have just flat out neglected over the last year and a half...this blog is for you.

We hope everyone had a nice Easter! Our Easter was very low key. Mike has been pretty sick for the last several days and my parents are out of town. As is usually the case when they are gone, my sister and I tend to stage a more casual holiday affair. My sister hosted a small and wonderful brunch complete with stuffed french toast, "pork products", as we joked about, and yes even a splash of champagne! Between Ellie and my nieces, I think they may have emptied an entire can of whipped cream! How can you go wrong?

On Saturday we attended an egg hunt, again with my sister and her family. We live 5 minutes apart - to say we do a lot of things together would be an understatement. The clouds teased us a lot but I think we escaped with just a drop or two of rain. April in Seattle - gotta love it. The babies, as always, were happy to get out of the house and even happier to make the Easter bunny just a little uncomfortable as she tried to juggle two babies and still strike an appropriate Easter bunny-ish like pose. Ellie had such a crash from her sugar high that she fell asleep on the couch watching TV with Mike. This is something that has only happened twice in her entire life - a good time was had by all!



















3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! And where did you get those cutie pie girls?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to welcome you Dawn!! I wish I had this tool when I had my twins! There is so much memories and fun stuff I would of loved to journal and this would of been the perfect tool
    Congratulations on comming up with something that works for you! Way to go! I love your pictures and you did a great job on your blog. If you want to add music to yours I can help you! Her is my blog address http://rustingawayinwashington.blogspot.com/
    Right now I have the music turned off on my Blog. Have fun Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic way to allow friends a glimpse of the chaos that you live with every day Dawn! I will look forward to updates on your beautiful family. Great start - enjoy the journey sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Our Family

Our Family
Fall 2008